Friday, November 10, 2006

Resignation

On 11/9/06 9:07 PM, "neal@nealacorl.com" wrote:

> I have some news regarding our work together. The time has come for me to
> let you know that the experiment did not yield the results that I, and I'm
> sure all of us, hoped for.
> We have a record of some very fine and interesting work by all, but we do
> not in my estimation have the necessary elements to make a feature film.
> No one is at fault, nor should anyone feel that we failed. We tried to do
> something extremely difficult to accomplish under the best of
> circumstances.
> I learned a tremendous amount from the experience and wish to thank you
> all for your contributions.
> We are in the process of cutting all of the scenes together in story order
> to put on DVDs for everyone. We will make every effort to include the
> best performances and camera work, but we will not force anything. There
> will be gaps in the story and inconsistencies in the photography. I look
> forward to seeing the story laid out. As I look forward to having a
> record of our work. I think there will be bits that you will be proud of
> and that you could use on a reel. There's certainly a lot of great stuff.
> Soon you will have a copy of your own to judge for yourselves.
> Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments.
>
> With Respectful Gratitude,
>
> neal

I appreciate receiving the following responses from some of the people with whom I had the privilege of sharing this experience:

hey neal,
it was truly a pioneering project, with rewards that i feel aren't bound to
a conventional end product. i heartily believe it's all about the journey.
thanks for letting me come along.

::: ::: :::


Neal,

You pursued MADE CROOKED with tremendous heart, and now you're
letting it go with both tremendous courage and focus on the important
things. Good on you.

Our "Acting Retreat" will remain a turning point for me in my
artistic life. Thank you for that.

Fondly, and gratefully,

::: ::: :::


That blows. Understandable though. Thanks for the heads up. Had a great time and as always learned a bunch.

::: ::: :::

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home